CitiGroup Opens For Job Applications. The Ghana franchise remains a key contributor to the Nigeria Corporate Bank/Emerging Markets BCMA Business. The Corporate Banking Senior Associate is an intermediate-level professional responsible for leading the planning of investment strategies and solutions for major market clients in coordination with the Institutional Banking team.
The overall objective of this role is to drive revenue by cross-selling the Citi platform while efficiently deploying the firm’s capital and evaluating and managing risk.
- Partner with Senior Bankers to provide coverage primarily for the FI customer base in Ghana and support coverage, as necessary, of the rest of the portfolio which mainly comprises Public Sector clients and a select few multinational/GSG names; mitigate risks associated with the business and support to grow revenues.
- Assist with day-to-day cash management activities, trading initiatives, foreign exchange, loan activity, debt capital markets efforts, as necessary, and other product relevant to clients.
- Act as a Trusted Advisor to the Unit Head on business trends & opportunities available in the country, assist in the preparation of strategy documents/reviews and when required deputize/provide backup in absence of the business manager.
- To manage risks associated with facilities extended through annual credit reviews and regular contact with the customer
- Understand the country’s Economic and Political environment and provide inputs in the preparation of Country Risk reviews.
- Increase revenues, market share, and customer penetration
- Prepare/Analyse Credit Approval packages for the review of facilities annually and Monitor and identify relationships that require remedial management.
JOB BACKGROUND/CONTEXT (CitiGroup Opens For Job Applications)
The Ghana portfolio focuses on Banks, key Public Sector clients, and a select number of Corporates/GSGs It is a product-agnostic portfolio and is primarily driven on the basis of transactional banking products (including Cash, Trade & Security Services), FX & capital raising across DCM and CMO product families, etc.) The FI-Ghana RM will report to the Country Business Manager.
- Participate in setting and achieving marketing goals that have been agreed upon with the Country Business Manager.
- At a minimum meet the set business plan on revenues, volumes, and customer acquisition, cross-sell and management and prevent customer attrition.
- Responsible for the marketing initiatives, assessment and maintenance of transactions/relationships falling directly under coverage.
- Must make a positive contribution to the Unit revenues through driving and supporting origination of Episodic and BAU transactions.
- Identify and target several new relationships with a minimum revenue potential of $100M. Increase the SOW on clients who are multi-banked.
- Responsible for reaching a revenue target which will be agreed on at the beginning of the year.
- Support to provide Coverage to a complex portfolio which includes FI clients and Governors of Central Banks, senior Government officials in various Ministries especially the Ministry of Finance
- Position the bank as a partner of choice while identifying, developing, and building relationships with new and existing customers at various levels within the customer organization.
- Ensure that Customer Satisfaction and loyalty are maintained at high levels.
- Continuously develop and enhance the business focus and target market of the key areas of the business in this sector. Maintain the momentum of calling on existing and prospect customers for TTS / FICC business. Continuously enhance credit skills in order to increase responsibility on credit business.
- Manage credit risk from the portfolio & clients as appropriate / required for an aggregate TFA of c. USD 1bn, liaising closely with Credit Risk/relevant partners.
- Active contribution, where required, to Country Risk Reviews (where XB risks are discussed, and limits & watch list status of countries reviewed)
Controls and Compliance:
- Compliance / KYC oversight responsibility for the portfolio ensuring pristine compliance standards are adhered to across the portfolio.
- Ensure compliance of customers under coverage and all regulatory requirements (including Additional Information Requests) are met, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor or Masters/MBA (preferred) Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics (other areas of specialization would be considered on a case by case basis).
- English proficiency is a must.
- Prior work experience in Citi in the areas described above (Banking, TTS, Risk etc) a strong plus. Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience
- Strong analytical & credit skills a must;
- Prior FIG/Emerging markets coverage experience a plus.
- Self-starter and strong self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Process focus
HOW TO APPLY – CitiGroup Opens For Job Applications
CLOSING DATE: December 10, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED