There is a job vacancy for Chief Legal Aid Officer at Legal Aid Commission. This legal institution Invites interested and suitably qualified persons to apply for the above mentioned position.
To provide technical and administrative direction for the effective and efficient performance of the administrative functions of the Region.
See Also: Job Opening At Guinness Ghana
- Provides inputs for the formulation of policies.
- Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Region
- Ensures the implementation of the programmes and activities of the Region.
- Ensures the development and implementation of guidelines, standards, processes and procedures for legal assistance for the realization of right to personal liberty, equality before the law and fair trial.
- Ensures the development of a system for participation of a paralegal in criminal justice delivery.
- Ensures the provision of legal assistance for juveniles.
- Ensures the provision of legal assistance for persons indicted for offences punishable by life imprisonment or death and who cannot afford the services of a lawyer.
- Oversees the implementation of the performance management system within the Region.
- Ensures the preparation of the annual budget and work plan of the Region.
- Ensures the preparation of annual and other periodic reports for the Region.
- Supervises and appraises the performances of subordinate staff in the Region.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Law from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must have been called to the Ghana Bar.
- A minimum of ten (10) years post-Bachelor’s Degree relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position.
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Legal Aid Commission.
- Good research, analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of project and programmes management
- Ability to lead strategic management and change management
- Good leadership, management and networking
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Technical and innovative skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation, lobbying and conflict management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Good knowledge of financial management laws and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws and regulations
- Good knowledge in relevant IT applications
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s legal system and its operation
- Excellent knowledge of international conventions and treaties on human rights and civil liberties
- Excellent knowledge of criminal justice system
- Proven integrity and good ethical standards
- Excellent report writing skills
- Job Vacancy For Procurement Officer At GIZ Ghana
- Job Vacancy At Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- First National Bank New Job Update
How To Apply For Chief Legal Aid Officer at Legal Aid Commission
Send application letters with current CVs, including names and addresses of three referees and copies of certificates to:
Head of Administration
P. O. Box 18342
All softcopies of applications, CVs and certificates should be sent to:
Closing Date: 19th August, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED