CarvinClay Announces New Job Opportunity. CarvinClay works with businesses, financiers, governments and civil society to realize sustainable trade in global value chains. The company is starting a three-year market-led grains value chain development program in Ghana, to contribute to the development of the grains sector, support the inclusion of smallholder farmers, and create jobs, with a central focus on women and youth empowerment. The program will be implemented until March 2025.
The Agronomist will provide close support to selected SMEs in improving production practices to meet the buying requirements of premium off-takers in maize, rice, and millet supply chains, with a focus on managing pre and post harvest contamination risks.
- Ensure delivery against key project targets throughout the Project period.
- Providing support to the SMEs to; incorporate the use of new and relevant technologies.
- Optimize the overall performance (yield and quality) and planning (availability) of their supplying smallholder farmers.
- Enable them to manage agronomical aspects of production, from land preparation through to harvesting their supplying smallholder farmers.
- Design and implement a raw material input growing and sourcing plan that reflects availability, prevailing climate and weather patterns, and sourcing from supplying smallholder farmers.
- Design and implement a sound plant protection and fertilizer application plan and also ensure that their growing systems are managed in the most efficient way to achieve optimal quality at the lowest cost and where possible.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic cropping plans with their supplying farmers to achieve the highest financial return as sustainably as possible (limiting any potential environmental impacts) and respecting technical boundaries.
- Design and implement an irrigation and mechanization plan to achieve maximum productivity according to the season and crop.
- Through training and capacity building, ensure that the required knowledge and expertise are successfully transferred to the selected SMEs.
- Ensuring that new varieties and mechanization systems are being tested, assessed, and implemented in-line with SMEs sourcing requirements within the program.
- Supporting the development and roll-out of a digital smallholder farmers (SHF) engagement platform.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant academic degree in Agriculture, Soil science, agronomy, or related field, focusing on grains production.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing advisory services in grains agronomy/agribusiness development.
- Have specific knowledge and experience in grains production in Ghana and managing quality (particularly pre and post harvest contamination) to meet buying requirements of premium off-takers, in-line with CODEX norms.
- An in-depth understanding of grains smallholder farmers and their farming operations, and experience in providing advisory services to smallholder farmers.
- Experience in working with digital farmer engagement platforms (traceability, advisory services, market information, etc.), and how digital platforms can be tailored to meet the needs of smallholder farmers.
- Candidate must have experience supporting the inclusion of women and youth in smallholder farmer supply chains
- Have excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to communicate in local languages (northern Ghana) is an advantage.
- Must have valid DVLA license A
- Ability and willingness to ride a motorbike and with
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Collaborative and thrives in a team environment where ideas build on one another.
Location: This is a full-time position based in Tamale or Tumu, Ghana.
HOW TO APPLY (CarvinClay Announces New Job Opportunity)
Interested persons with required skills and qualifications should forward their CV and credentials to email@example.com
Closing Date: 10th January, 2022.
- To enhance gender diversity in the client’s organisation, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED