BRAC Calls For Job Applications. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position: Head of Internal Audit, BRAC International Holdings B.V., Ghana
Job Summary (BRAC Calls For Job Applications )
The position is responsible for ensuring internal audit function is closely aligned with insitution’s strategies, objectives, risks and industry best practices. Ensuring roles, responsibilities and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimising the effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance of the organisation by providing risk-based objective assurance, advice and insights.
- Develop risk-based Annual Internal Audit plan for BRAC Ghana for Board approval.
- Ensure risk-based audit based on the assessed risks and system-based audit based on control weaknesses in BRAC Ghana.
- Develop assurance report on Internal Control Effectiveness, Executive Summary Reports on Internal Audit Reports and Physical Verification of Inventory, Fixed Assets & Cash Management for Senior Management and relevant board committees’
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Continuous revision of existing reporting systems, reporting timelines and reporting formats to ensure effective communication of internal audit observations to management of BRAC Ghana.
- Review different respective institutional policies to make a judgement on a wide range of controls including those relating to achieving value for money and the prevention and detection of fraud and irregularities.
- Assist the CEO and Board of Directors in objectively assessing the adequacy of governance systems and management of existing risks, comment on responses to emerging risks and propose new developments.
- Prepare quarterly audit reports to the Board Audit committee.
- Perform routine audits of all institutional processes and procedures to ensure full compliance.
- Ensure Information Systems Audit (IS) in compliance with ISACA/ISO standards.
- Ensure gender parity in staff recruitment and maintain staff turnover at an acceptable level to retain competent staff members.
- Analyzing existing controls and recommending controls in specific organisation systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the organisation level.
- Ensure self-compliance audit through Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) in branches, areas, regions and districts. Also, audit compliance of ICQ through regular and surprise audits.
- Review the working files of Internal Auditors and suggest for development with the current practices of Standards.
- Supervise and review the Information Systems (IS) Audit to ensure IS audits are done in light of IS audit and assurance standards by ISACA.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant subjects.
- Professional Accountant (Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor and Certified Information Systems Auditor is preferred) having experience in working in a reputed chartered accountancy firm.
- Strong understanding of IIA standards, income tax, value added tax
- Ability to design financial and internal control systems along with providing compliance and risk management services.
- Capacity to in establish budgeting and financial management systems and designing of ERP
- Well versed with financial control, Internal audit, Risk management, Business process evaluation, Budgeting, IT control, etc.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, excellent presentation skills and goal oriented, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and people management skills,
- Eight years’ experience in Internal Audit along with Finance, Assurance, Compliance, Risk Management Services and Information Systems Audit.
- At least five years in the same role (Head of Audit).
Employment Type: Regular
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
- United Nations University (UNU) Job Advertisement
- M-KOPA Announces New Job Opportunity
- SHS Job Recruitment At GoldCoast Food Herbs And Spices Limited
BRAC Calls For Job Applications – How To Apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 82/22 in the subject bar.
Application deadline: 24 July 2022
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED