Bank of Ghana G-24 announces Job Opportunities
The G-24 was established in 1971 as an Intergovernmental grouping of developing countries from Asia, Latin America, with a focus on matters relating to International Monetary economics and development finance.
The purpose of the Group is to further the interests of developing countries and their effective participation in discussion of these issues at the IMF, the World Bank and other relevant fora.
Based in Washington D.C., the G-24 Secretariat supports the the membership of the Group by providing policy, technical and logistical support for meetings of Deputies and Ministers/Governors, with a view to facilitating consensus on issues of common interest, and by raising the public profile of the G-24 internationally.
- The Director of the Secretariat administers the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat, in close liaison with Offices of the Executive Directors representing members at the IMF and the World Bank.
- He/she is responsible for preparing for the meetings of the Group and assisting the G-24 in formulating common positions, through technical support and by issuing discussion notes and policy briefs on issues related to the BWI Agenda.
- He/she represents the Group in relevant forums, including, the G-20, G-77, UNCTAD etc., and maintains the Group’s relations with regional economic institutions and organizations engaged in issues of concern to members.
- The ideal candidate must hold an advanced degree in economics or a related subject and should have an extensive background and relevant experience in areas relating to international monetary economics and/or development finance, and in dealing with government officials of member countries.
- He/she must possess strong negotiation and communication skills, including an excellent command of the spoken and written English.
- An analytical ability to deal with the academic and research issues of interest to the G-24 is critical.
- A good knowledge of the Bretton Woods Institutions and proficiency in the official languages of the Group would be highly desirable (Arabic, French and/or Spanish).
- The position of Director is not career position but an a appointment made by the Ministers, for a period of three years, renewable for a maximum of two additional years.
- The position is based in Washington, D.C. The successful candidate is expected to assume the role in October 2022.
APPLICATION PROCESS (Bank of Ghana G-24 announces Job Opportunities)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: November 11, 2021.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED