Asset Accountant At African Mining Services
Daily and Monthly support of AMS’s accounting functions including:
- Support Capital/Plant Reporting and Analysis
- Ensuring data validity within the Group’s Fixed Asset Registers including monthly updates – Additions, Disposals and Transfers, running month-end asset reports and reconciling FAR with General Ledgers
- Support Plant Department Profit & Loss and Weekly/Monthly RAC.
- Support Plant Budgeting and Forecasting Reviews
- Manage the accounting of all asset finance arrangements including the effective monitoring of periodic payments
- Responsible for the preparation of audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist external auditors in their inquiries (PWC, GRA/OHADA, AGA Pain & Gain and tax requests.
- Ensuring asset finance transfers across the Group are in line with transfer pricing regulations
- Responsible for tracking the compilation of projects cost in the capital work-in-progress and close out when all the necessary cost has been completed and available for use.
- Manage monthly capex forecast reporting
- Oversee the periodic audit count and physical verification of fixed assets
- Documenting policies and procedures as they relate to fixed assets
Details of the Asset Accountant At African Mining Services
- Job Type: Fixed Term (2years)
- Renewable Location: Accra, Ghana
- Closing date: 21st January 2022
The Asset Accountant will be responsible for the necessary accounting required to maintain the validity of the Fixed Asset Registers (FAR), monitor capital work-in-progress, reporting and analysis, and provide finance support to the Plant Department and AMS group of Companies across our various West African operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized University.
- Certified/ Chartered Accountant required.
- MBA/Master’s in Accounting will be an added advantage.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of five (5) years’ working experience working in a commercial environment as an Accountant.
- Good knowledge of financial software and knowledge of Pronto systems a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software and accounting software.
- Experience of working directly in Fixed Asset transactions, maintenance of Fixed Asset Registers and experience in cross-border transactions will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accounting accepted accounting principles – particularly in the area of Fixed Assets accounting would be beneficial
TECHNICAL & GENERIC SKILLS:
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Good Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good mentoring and negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Conflict Management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
How To Apply for Asset Accountant At African Mining Services
Qualified candidates should send their CVs (in PDF) to email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject of your email, the role being applied for
Smarter Together Safer Together
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED