Agricultural Marketing Specialist
The U. S. Embassy is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Agricultural Marketing Specialist. The work schedule for this position is full time 40 hours per week.
- The Agricultural Marketing Specialist (mid-level specialist) is responsible for representing the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) in Accra, Ghana.
- Responsibilities include conducting research in major market access constraints and trade opportunities, resolving market access issues, and monitoring developments in trade policy and competitor activities affecting U.S. trade interests.
- Develops broad range of professional and social relationships (mid-to-high levels) to exchange information and gain cooperation on substantive marketing, trade, and agricultural policy matters.
- Independently conceptualizes and develops marketing activities based on research and analysis of market information and hosts dialogues with public and private sector officials.
- Executes digital, social and traditional media activities.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Minimum five years of work experience in one or more fields of agricultural economics, agricultural policy, commodity trade and marketing, project management, and marketing analysis/research that includes extensive analysis and report writing on complex subjects is required.
- Detailed knowledge of FAS goals, programs, reporting requirements and procedures, and of U.S. agricultural policies and trading practices followed by American exporters. Thorough knowledge of agricultural practices, market conditions, and government policies in the host country.
- Knowledge of host government structure and responsibilities of various ministries and offices, congressional and legislative processes as it relates to economic, trade, and agricultural policy matters is required.
- Significant knowledge of international agreements relating to agricultural policy, and a strong understanding of agricultural economic supply/demand theories and concepts.
Bachelor’s degree in Food and Agricultural Marketing, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Agriculture, International Trade, or Hospitality Management is required.
Fluent English speaking, reading and writing is required. Fluent Akan speaking, reading and writing is required. (Language proficiency will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to create documents and spreadsheets, maintain and update databases, and develop presentations.
- Use of FAS specialized software and data analysis programs. A valid driving license is required.
- Must be knowledgeable in analyzing agricultural production, global agricultural trade concepts, and economic supply/demand concepts.
- Required to analyze and apply complex statistical data and maintain data sets for accurate commodity and trade reporting.
- Drafts highly specialized reports on markets and trade policy. Must have excellent time management skills to cope with the diversity of work and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with government, public, and private individuals to obtain information and resolve trade issues. (Driving skills will be tested).
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement.
If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- Driver’s License
- Certificate or License
- SF-50 (if applicable)
APPLICATION PROCESS (Agricultural Marketing Specialist)
Closing Date: 8th November, 2021.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
LTo get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED