African Development Bank Invites Job Applications. We are hiring a Senior Agriculture Sector and Natural Resource Management.
The Senior Agriculture Sector and Natural Resource Management Officer will provide technical support in the design and implementation of projects scheduled under the flagship programmes of the High-5 “Feed Africa” strategy.
The incumbent will work across technical and institutional boundaries to support the formulation of development solutions for various rural (and urban) clients in the public and private sectors, in accordance with the African Development Bank Group’s agricultural, agro-food and agro-industrial development programme.
Using a value-chain approach, the incumbent will support the implementation of the aforementioned programme in the African Development Bank’s Regional Member Countries, with particular emphasis on providing technical support for the design and implementation supervision of projects which: i) promote value chain development, create added value and foster the primary and secondary processing of crops, livestock and fishery products; ii) accelerate private sector participation and growth in African agriculture; iii) promote the growth of agricultural SMEs and the commercialisation of agriculture, with particular attention to financing needs; iv) create farm-to-fork market links; v) facilitate the establishment of agro-poles and agro-processing centres; vi) support the development of an enabling environment for agriculture and agro-industry; and vii) invest in policies and reforms that are conducive to the transformation of African agriculture into viable and profitable enterprises.
The Senior Agriculture Sector and Natural Resource Management Officer will design and coordinate the development of solutions intended for customers and of all project management aspects related to the implementation of these solutions.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Sector Manager, Agriculture and Agro-business in West Africa (AHAI-W), The Senior Agriculture Sector and Natural Resource Management Officer will perform, inter alia, the following functions:
- Ensure that the Bank’s agriculture portfolio remains of good quality. Provide expert advice and guidance to officials of executing agencies on sector issues and priorities, technical aspects of projects, and the Bank rules and procedures, including those for the procurement of goods and services;
- Undertake analytical work in agriculture sector with a view to determining its level of priority in the country’s development program, and advise Management on how to ensure sustainability of benefits of Bank financed agricultural projects and programs in Ghana;
- Contribute to the Preparation of Country Strategy Paper, with particular reference to agriculture and rural development;
- Formulate, evaluate and supervise projects, lending proposals, feasibility studies and sector work;
- Design technical assistance programmes, estimate financing needs and propose governance models which will enhance the performance of agricultural value chains – from the supply of agricultural inputs to harvesting, transport, storage, marketing and distribution (including export) – with a view to increasing value added, improving quality, reducing post-harvest losses and ensuring the reliable supply of products to consumers;
- Participate in the Agricultural Sector Working Group activities and related donor-coordination meetings, sector wide approaches, on the basis of which to advise the Country Manager and Management on policy issues in the sector;
- Assist where required in the development of the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensure their application;
- Serve as a technical specialist in his/her discipline and anchor for multi-disciplinary identification, preparation, appraisal, launching, monitoring and follow-up, supervision, and completion of agriculture sector missions;
- Provide support for agriculture sector operations and pipeline activities in the other countries in West Africa as requested by the Regional Sector Manager; and
- Participate in other tasks assigned by the Country Manager and the Division Managers in the Agriculture and Agro-industry Department.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold At least a postgraduate Master’s degree in agriculture/rural development or related discipline;
- At least five (5) years of relevant and diverse professional experience in agricultural and rural sector development as well as in project design and management, with a broad interest in development issues and the promotion of relevant and priority agricultural value chains in member countries; experience within the Bank or in multilateral development institutions would be an asset;
- Previous experience working in multi-lateral financial institutions or similar large organizations, and performing such roles as project preparing, appraising, supervising or implementing donor funded projects;
- Full understanding of the principles of project cycle and project implementation as applicable in the regional member countries (RMCs) is required for portfolio management;
- Good interpersonal, communication and project management skills; an eye for detail; and the capacity to be results-oriented and customer-focused;
- Proven planning and organizational skills. Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills, with ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations; Proven planning and organizational skills. Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills, with ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations;
- Good leadership skills, commitment to the development of the continent and the ability to adapt working methods while remaining efficient within a changing work environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively (Written and Oral) in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Project and Power Point) and familiarity with Development Finance Corporate applications / tools.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 8th January, 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED