There is a new job opportunity for the position of a Advisor Agronomy & Agribusiness At SNV. SNV currently seeks applicants for a full-time position of an Advisor Agronomy & Agribusiness. The positions is based in Sefwi Essam, Bia West District (Western North Region), Ghana
The main duties of the Agronomy & Agribusiness Advisor will include the following: assist in management and coordination of field activities including capacity building in climate smart cocoa practices, promoting sustainable community land use practices; support implementation of project monitoring and evaluation framework, ensure high quality and timely reporting; ensure project visibility in line with SNV and donor standards; and provide ground level. administrative support to project implementation:
- Support the establishment of demonstration sites for climate smart practices including smallholder cocoa agroforestry systems, community-based land use planning, and other sustainable intensification measures etc;
- Assist in relevant baseline studies, smallholder adoption behaviour mapping, and improvement of enabling environment for climate smart agriculture practices among smallholder cocoa farmers;
- Support the implementation of enhanced models to facilitate access to farm management services and inputs schemes to smallholders;
- Support the development and delivery of capacity building programmes aimed at promoting climate smart cocoa practices among beneficiary smallholder farmers;
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of adoption of climate smart practices among target smallholders;
- Assist in making logistical arrangements and coordinate all resources required for activities, such as Meetings, training, workshops, consultants, field surveys, etc;
- Provide ground level administrative support to project team and overall project implementation.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree in Agriculture, Natural Sciences, Natural Resource management, or Development Studies.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in community engagement in cocoa landscape, preferably within the NGO sector.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills and able to engage with traditional leaders and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Twi with excellent reporting writing skills.
- Maintain good appearance and professionalism.
- Has the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands; and prioritize tasks and workload to deliver effectively.
- Good sense of duty, able to work with minimum supervision and willingness to undertake additional task when needed.
Contract Type: Employment Contract
Contract Duration: One (1) year full-time employment contract, with possibility of extension.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: not later than 5:00pm, January 14, 2022.
Expected Start Date: 1 February 2022
- Only those applicants whose work experience and qualification meet the mandatory requisites will be considered for the position.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED