- Company: Accra College of Medicine
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
The Accra College of Medicine (ACM) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment as Lecturer.
- Lecturer – Preclinical (Basic Sciences) required to support the delivery of years two and three of the ACM MBChB programme.
- 3 x full-time positions
- To carry out Teaching, Research, and Administrative duties within a specified Unit in the College as well as such community-related extension activities as may be “permitted by the Academic Board by prior application.”
The responsibilities for this position will include some or all of the following: teaching, student advising, research and creative activities, service and community extension, and administrative responsibilities.
Your responsibilities may include involvement in off-campus, evening or weekend duties, as well as student recruitment, retention, and placement efforts.
Because teaching is the fundamental responsibility of each faculty member, all faculty members must participate in this activity.
- Prepare and deliver regular lectures to students
- Conduct seminars, tutorial and laboratory sessions (where required)
- Guide class discussions, whilst encouraging debate and feedback amongst students
- Prepare and mark students’ assignments, essays, and providing one-on-one feedback on academic performance where necessary
- Mark examination scripts and return grades within 24 hours of examination as specified in College regulations
- Carry out research and produce publications or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives and specific field of knowledge/interest
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work, and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement, and class attendance
- Participate in course/degree setting committees, curriculum revision, and academic planning
- Maintain own continuing professional development
- Manage research budgets
- Attend and speak at conferences and seminars
- Prepare bids for funding for departmental research projects
- Perform administrative duties as required
The College values heart power and passion, integrity and respect, innovation and excellence, leadership and service to humanity and community, openness and engagement and inclusion and diversity; and are looking for a Lecturer – Preclinical (Basic Sciences) who has, in addition:
- A PhD/MPhil in one or more of the biomedical fields of: Anatomy; Biochemistry; Immunology and Microbiology; Pathology; Pharmacology; Physiology
- Demonstrated experience in teaching one or more of the biomedical sciences to medical students and knowledge of the structure of a medical curriculum
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to health
- Independent yet interdependent in thought and in team play
- Conversant with computer applications and software
- Highly motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in a particular subject area or areas
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25th Sept. 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED