- They look down on me because I am Ewe – Edem.
- The Ghanaian singer revealed due to his ethnic background, he suffers tribal bigotry.
- Speaking in an interview, he said sometimes producers pay him lesser than what his due him just because he is an Ewe.
- He condemned the posture of many media houses, who at a point time were promoting songs of Akan artistes at the expense of other non-Akans.
- He stated point blank should media houses feel worried about his comment, then they are an all time hypocrite.
Denning Edem Hotor, popularly called Edem in showbiz have revealed people look down on him just because he is an Ewe.
Ayigbe Edem has spoken about how promoters have tried to underpay him because he is a ewe-speaking musician.
He revealed this during a recent interview on Hitz FM, where he explained a remark he made about urging the media to pay attention to him and his trade.
He stated, “Ofori Amponsah was the media’s favorite at one point. His music was everywhere. It may be artificial, or it could be natural.
“I don’t believe the media should be offended by my remarks. If the media is dissatisfied, they are acting hypocritically.
“No one at the radio station is aware that I’ve attended in meetings where individuals have suggested that I be paid less because I’m a ewe-speaking musician. Nobody has ever been in my shoes.”
The musician also recounted a deal he had with Glo. He went on to add that Sheriffa Guru and him were least paid while Tinny and Asem received the lion’s share.
“Sherifa Guru and I were the lowest paid when I signed my agreement with Glo. Tinny and Asem received higher pay.”
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED